Did I just pay $60 for a year of Navionics for my Tablet?

Raycaster

Well I don't think its a question...

Yesterday gave in to purchasing the new Navionic app for my tablet as the old version for my phone and tablet ($14.95) just randomly stop working.

Kinda sucked paying for the same app twice (new maps same detail as old and I don't use the social media stuff).

But I really like the Navionics app so I went and installed the new Navionics Boating HD for free (With map purchases inside).

Saw the Canadian maps for $45 but then saw the US+Canada for $54 so thought what the heck...

Went to sync with phone and saw a 356 days remaining blurb... What?

Am I mistaken or is the Navionic Android App subscription based?

Reading the site says:

Navionics +

Receive a 12 months subscription to all the value of Navionics+: Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits. It also provides 12 months of chart updates. At the end of your subscription, you will retain all the charts you have downloaded and have the option to renew your subscription to updates.

I just purchased it, what a cool app! I've been using a cheaper app with next to zero options that navionics has, not to mention my handheld GPS with topo maps but it doesn't have any of the depth charts or automatic weather updates or wind charts or anything like that. Very cool! It's going to come in very handy for trolling and easily drop markers and attach a photo for any fish.

Am I missing something? The navionics US&CAN full app and maps for US and Canada is only $14.99? This for the iPhone though. Is the tablet version that much more expensive?

Theres 2 versions. I think one is called "HD" probably made for bigger screens (or just more profit). If you download the HD version its $54.99 for canada+us, the other one, it's $14.95. I emailed Lowrance a while back to find out why theres such a big difference in price and I'm still waiting for their reply...

Theres 2 versions. I think one is called "HD" probably made for bigger screens (or just more profit). If you download the HD version its $54.99 for canada+us, the other one, it's $14.95. I emailed Lowrance a while back to find out why theres such a big difference in price and I'm still waiting for their reply...

Not sure Lowrance can help you. You may have meant to say Navionics.

I just recently bought the 14.99 navionics for my S4 ANDROID.If you hit the options button when on Navionics there is an upgrade for 3.99 which gives you the 1ft contours.It is identical to the online 'web' maps on Navionics.Hit the navionics symbol to switch from normal to 1ft increments.Quite a difference and well worth an extra 3.99.

Kerry

For those people who have the app, today I got a message to update it. From what I understand this is what's new with it:

● A Navionics+ subscription now includes Navionics Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits. It also provides 12 months of chart updates. After the 12 months expire you retain your charts and have the option to renew your subscription to updates.
● Any previously purchased chart has been upgraded to Navionics+!
● Experience the value of Navionics+! Choose a region and try Nautical Charts, SonarCharts™ and Community Edits for free!
● Bug fixing and optimization

So Raycaster, to answer your question you have 365 days to update your charts.