I pilot 80 terrova or 70pd

Lucky Linda

I-Pilot Link is pretty fun, you can easily stop fishing and mess around with it for quite some time :) Ask me how I know this!

Ha! Bill you don't know me very well. Nothing stops me from the fishing part lol. Manuals beside my bed ?

I will never figure it all out, but just the spot lock was worth the $.

Linda

I put a kipawa prop on mine, very happy with it...ordered the foot pedal as well, love the complete control you get

only very minor complaint I've noticed, is sometimes in spot lock it will wrap the cord around the shaft

It shouldn't do this.. When mine is about to wrap it does a complete 360 and unwraps itself.

Linda, the spot lock is definitely the best feature... I use it all the fime in the fall for open water smallies when they're smashing bait fish 30ft down over 50ft of water. Love it!

Edited by BillM

not sure about the battery life, never really compared that, I ordered the kipawa prop fairly quick after getting my trolling motor...but it is noticeably more responsive and better control in wind and big chop compared to the standard mk prop...I don't fish very thick weed beds like some ON lakes, but it has no issues with the weeds I do encounter

Edited by bare foot wader

BFW AS Bill said it should unwrap itself Never had an issue with mine!

Spot Lock is the best I do a lot of jigging for Lakers/Whities here on Simcoe in 100 plus feet of water It is a 'HUGE' pleasure not having to deal with 150' of anchor rope and chain.

Linda you might never use the foot pedal!! I have had my Terrova for 3 years and other than hooking it up to see if it worked I have never used it!!

Terrova vs PD no comparison for store and deploy Terrova much simpler

Enjoy your Terrova

Cheers

Rick

Edited by RickOnt

Just want to thank everyone again. I am soooo happy with the Terrova! And in my lake very happy with the 60" shaft. If the waves are any size...i need the length. Can't believe the power and battery life! The remote is for me! I can stay seated...anywhere on the boat. I have been known to nearly toss myself overboard with the foot controls on the one I used before. It's just lack of experience and being underpowered I am sure but this Terrova is amazing. Love it!!

Another happy Terrova/HB 898 guy here.

If you don't already have a HB unit that talks to the Terrova .... go get one!!! Its amazing how much control you have without leaving your seat.

The ability to drive over a spot, freeze the screen and move the cursor to exactly where you want it .... set a waypoint, then tell the trolling motor to take you to it and hold you on the spot. Its almost like cheating.