When friends come together

Big Cliff

As I posted recently I have more work to do around here than I have time (or energy) to handle by myself.

Unfortunatly while many people claim they can't find work I am having trouble finding anyone that wants to work so if I want it done I have to do it myself.

Yesterday I had 20 yards of gravel delivered with the idea that I would go rent a Bobcat or something to move it to where I needed it. Along came a friend, wiskeywizard, has a small tractor and offered to help. Sure enough by 10:00 am he was here with his tractor, shovels, rakes, (and spare fuel for the tractor).

We went to work (well, Mike did most of it with the tractor) and my buddy Chris showed up and grabbed a rake and between the three of us we managed to not only move but level and rake almost all of that gravel. Ya, Ya, I know, big deal! Well the youngest of the three is 55+ and the oldest is pushing 69.

So to all you youngsters that "can't find a job" look up Sympathy in the dictionary: it's right between

crap and Syphilis.

Sorry!!!! I'm sore, I'm tired, but you want to know one thing? I'm proud, I am proud that while my generation gets blamed for a lot of the woes our youth has to suffer it is my generation that seems to be there trying while so many sit there and try to find blame.

BTW,

Many of you don't know wiskeywizard. For some reason he can not seem to get on this board. Art has tried, Roy has tried, no one can seem to figure out what is wrong but in the meantime, a really nice person and a good friend can't post.

IT would be a BIG favour to me if someone could help Mike out here. Super guy and a really good friend!

I wouldn't be so accusatory...you expect kids (likely without their own vehicle) to be lining up out the door to drive out to the country and work for some guy they don't know for 11 bucks an hour one day a week? It seems as though you have earned some great friends though :)

Cliff, all you have to do is ask and an army would show up to help you. You've done so much for so many, me included.

Thanks again. :)

LOL, you are so right, but this was one of those jobs where more than 2 or 3 people would just be getting in each others way. Besides, most of my friends already have enough work of their own to do!

Post your add on kijiji cliff.

Dont remember ever getting a call for any help? Or you afraid of getting shown up lol.

Sure wizard wants another crack at walleye fishing

Ernie, you have already helped me out so many times now and I know you work full time, you deserve a day off when you can get one. Didn't think about posting on Kijiji though, good idea.

I wouldn't be so accusatory...you expect kids (likely without their own vehicle) to be lining up out the door to drive out to the country and work for some guy they don't know for 11 bucks an hour one day a week? It seems as though you have earned some great friends though :)

You are so right! by the time I sat down and wrote that yesterday I was so sore and tired that I didn't engage my brain :(. And you are so right; I am very blessed to have so many wonderful friends!