Worm harness line question

misfish

Thanks again.

I have been pre tying the hook section. Have them hanging on my PC desk.All I need to do then is add beads and blades. Long ones,short ones,single and double blades. Im going to try triple willow leaf.

IMO, it will look like a school of minnows.

Hey,if you dont try,you will never know.

Is this how the musky guys start out? Catch a musky on a worm harness,and say hey,I can make them bigger and badder.

:dunno::rofl2::rofl2:

No offence fellas. :P

Thanks again.

I have been pre tying the hook section. Have them hanging on my PC desk.All I need to do then is add beads and blades. Long ones,short ones,single and double blades. Im going to try triple willow leaf.

IMO, it will look like a school of minnows.

Hey,if you dont try,you will never know.

Is this how the musky guys start out? Catch a musky on a worm harness,and say hey,I can make them bigger and badder.

:dunno::rofl2::rofl2:

No offence fellas. :P

when i first started tying i tried everything i could think of. Some turn out to be real gems. Probably one of my favourites is a double Colorado with yellow beads and a small wide gap hook. I use a 3-5" power minnow on it and walleye love it. I put on a keel sinker so i can cast them and bass and pike go nuts for it, he'll even crappie if you downsize too a 2-3" minnow

You don't need fluoro, mono will work fine. It's been mentioned by several others but Trilene XT is a great choice. I like 14lb myself in the clear colour.

As far as clevises go I use the plastic quick change ones exclusively as it allows me to swap out blades easily and there's no wear on the line.

Knots are easy. Plenty of vid's on youtube how to do it, this one's not bad.

I use Trilene Big Game 20/24lb. It's cheap and effective. You want a stiff line to keep things straight and moving. I personally don't think fluorocarbon makes any difference with respect to "clarity", but you can probably use a lower pound test line, relative to mono, to get the stiffness you need.

I use a folded clevice because they are cheap and work just fine. If I want a different color I just change my harness. Besides, it gives me the option to make a ton of them!! Of course, I have so many now I haven't made any new ones in a long time. I think I've made a harness version of every single color of the Reef Runner minnow baits, including the special editions. Was a fun project.

RRHarnesses4.jpg

I use 20lb floro, 48" leader, two snelled red octopus hooks .... try to keep the bouncer as close to vertical as I can and troll at .8 - 1.4 mph. I have my best luck in 12-22' of water with this method.

I absolutely LOVE feeling that little tick .... giving slack for a second or two .... then setting the hook and feeling a heavy shake. Nothing beats it.

You don't need fluoro, mono will work fine. It's been mentioned by several others but Trilene XT is a great choice. I like 14lb myself in the clear colour.

As far as clevises go I use the plastic quick change ones exclusively as it allows me to swap out blades easily and there's no wear on the line.

Knots are easy. Plenty of vid's on youtube how to do it, this one's not bad.

Thanks a lot Mike.

That is so much easier then the way I have been tying them.

I,ll be snipping the ones I pre made and re doing them. :good:

FL

Those are sweet looking.

Care to post a picture of this harness?

Thanks

will do bud. Busy working now but I'll make a few tonight and post pics tomorrow. And just for the sake of argument, I've used about every line possible lol. The only difference on the rig you wanna see is i just use a palomar and not a snell

Care to post a picture of this harness?

Thanks

will do bud. Busy working now but I'll make a few tonight and post pics tomorrow. And just for the sake of argument, I've used about every line possible lol. The only difference on the rig you wanna see is i just use a palomar and not a snell

Is it just me, or is tying up rigs actually fun and relaxing?

I look forward to taking an hour or so after the kids go to bed .... sit at the kitchen table, chatting with my wife, and tying a few dozen rigs. Sure is better than destroying my brain in front of the devil box (TV).

Is it just me, or is tying up rigs actually fun and relaxing?

I look forward to taking an hour or so after the kids go to bed .... sit at the kitchen table, chatting with my wife, and tying a few dozen rigs. Sure is better than destroying my brain in front of the devil box (TV).

exactly!!! Except I'll spend i few hours usually while the wife beads or sews. On the other hand i absolutely hate tying them in the boat lol