Nissan/Thahatso dealer in or around the GTA?

pidge

Hey guys found another problem the other day :( My little 5hp 2 stroke Nissan has developed a small hairline crack magically in the gas tank (built in) and the ol' JB Weld won't hold the leak after several days of sitting with fuel in the tank. Anyone have a resource they recomende for these motors? As far as I can tell there not as popular as Yamaha, Evinrude etc. There use to be one on 3rd line in Oakville, but that place is long gone. Any help? Thanks.

Pidge.

8C256F5C-1D6C-4912-8FF0-9AFAC802F758_zps

B073434F-BF23-49DE-BA6B-C1B09D00E764_zps

Ghetto fix.

876CA6B4-03F4-417D-9D2A-2F0C408F5944_zps

Edited by pidge

Thanks Porkpie, Craig that's right. I remember reading something about that. Just not sure of the smaller motors. Thanks.

Pidge.

It's the smaller motors that Tohatsu builds. They have recently started making the small motors for Evinrude, so Merc, Nissan, or Evinrude dealers may be able to help.

Thanks JohnBacon. Wasn't sure which way around it was. Good to know. Btw found one guy in Oakville. Pices Marine, but are sadly closed by the time I had called. Ill givem a shout Monday. Thanks again all.

Pidge.

Pidge, Pisces Marine is the guy that used to be on 3rd Line, they moved. Be areful in dealing with them. Ifyou are only buying parts, thats ok, for service, thats another story. A buddy of mine had a few dealings with them and his last one involved the police and insurance fraud. I usually do not bash a business with one service issue, anyone can have a bad or off day but trying to scam a customer and his insurance company........

Thanks JohnBacon. Wasn't sure which way around it was. Good to know. Btw found one guy in Oakville. Pices Marine, but are sadly closed by the time I had called. Ill givem a shout Monday. Thanks again all.

Pidge.

If Pisces Marine was the last boat mechanic on Earth, I would sink my boat before giving these yahoos another nickel of my money. Don't go down that road. Brutal, brutal, brutal. Beware. Edited by pikeslayer

Crap deal for me. I've got a new problem now. Had the boat out on the weekend. Friday night motor was running fine. Would run full out, no problems. Went out Saturday morning and when in foward or reverse I'd give it maybe 1/16, 1/8 throttle and it would bog and stall. Got it home Sunday and hooked it up to the garden hose and same thing. I'm mechanically inclined, but haven't worked on something with a carb before. Serching has brought me to soaking the carb. If that dosent cure the issue can someone recomende a Merc. dealer in and around the GTA that has a good reputation. In all honesty I'd rather not have to drive to Peterborough or the likes to bring the motor. Any advice of good mechanics? Thanks.

Pidge.

Check your fuel line and filter if applicable. Carbs aren't too bad, if you have the shop manual for your motor it is relatively straightforward. You might be able to find it in iboats.com forums. You can also post your question there. A lot of the regular posters there are marine mechanics and they are very helpful. A marina will get it going but how long will you have to wait, thats the problem now, they are busy.

Thanks Pikeslayer. Dropping it off tomorrow. Mentioned your name and assuming you have a last name I won't mention here they said thanks. Thanks once again hopefully all can be repaired on the cheap. Thanks.

Pidge.

Thanks Bigbuck and McDougy. I'm gonna leave it to pros. Normally I would goof with it, but time dosent allow it right now. Hopefully it's a cheap fix as the motor is in pretty good condition otherwise. Thanks.

Pidge.