Transducer Location

davey buoy

I don't understand why its so important to get a good reading on plane??

By the time you mark something, your already gone by.

You don't like marking rock humps, etc when running around the lake? Sure it's not 100% exact, but it's way better then trying to line up boat houses and islands, lol.

Sure it's not 100% exact, but it's way better then trying to line up boat houses and islands, lol.

LMAO Bill

Thats how I mark my trout line. It never fails. :whistling: Terry excellent gizmos make it a lot easier though. :clapping:

It's still fairly clear,Just thought it was a setting.Has quad beams clear as heck,flasher,all the good stuff.Someone said sensitivity?.With the power of this I'm thinking it should be a tad clearer while running.I'm getting a rooster tail,does that mean it should be lower than half way?It's slightly down at the back ever so slightly.Thanks guys for your help again.

Well sure, it should be marking bottom anyways.....but no need to be marking fish or a real clear picture when your doing 30mph down the lake. I'd say yours sounds fine davey.

S.

Thanks Shane,just needed to know it was somewhat normal.My other would shut down at any speed or give wrong readings.I 'm positive the transponder was shot.Display was very clear.Hense,bought the new one.It's not bad at all,thinking I'll play with the sensitivity just to see.

My lowrance claims to give clear readings up to 40mph. I still get a depth reading, but I lose bottom at about 20mph....no big deal, I have the GPS running anyways, so I kinda know where I am, and don't need to see the bottom anyways.

S.

My lowrance claims to give clear readings up to 40mph. I still get a depth reading, but I lose bottom at about 20mph....no big deal, I have the GPS running anyways, so I kinda know where I am, and don't need to see the bottom anyways.

S.

Never lost bottom or fish at 50 mph,no GPS yet :whistling: .I watch to many fishing shows with there $3000.00 plus finders .Just trying to get the best for what I have.Thanks again.

Well sure, it should be marking bottom anyways.....but no need to be marking fish or a real clear picture when your doing 30mph down the lake. I'd say yours sounds fine davey.

S.

Agreed 100%. Dave sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Edited by BillM