Need New Water Softener

16 Footer

My water softener is 20+ years old and needs to be replaced. Town well water is too hard and a softener is a must. I plan to move in 5 years and do not want to spend big $ on a new softener. Any commendations on good reliable reasonably priced water softeners would be appreciated.

Call culligan about a rental? They are not too much monthly. I think mine when I lived in caledonia was about 15 bux a month...

Edit to add.... I have one in my current house that is not needed or used... Perhaps if interested send me a pm. All it will cost you is the drive down here and the modification costs to the plumbing.

G

Edited by Gerritt

Yes Culligan, the high effiency model. Got ours in January just put the first bag of salt in two days ago, incredibly efficient. You will save enough money on salt to pay for the softener. Btw, we use on average 125 gallons of water a day, the unit keeps track of all this and more, so we don't scrimp on water.

Call culligan about a rental? They are not too much monthly. I think mine when I lived in caledonia was about 15 bux a month...

Edit to add.... I have one in my current house that is not needed or used... Perhaps if interested send me a pm. All it will cost you is the drive down here and the modification costs to the plumbing.

G

That is a very nice offer!!!!!! :worthy:

G

I think the rental at Culligan is more than $15 a month but will check it out.

Thanks for the offer of your old softener but need to know more details first about it, make, size and how old.

Yes Culligan, the high effiency model. Got ours in January just put the first bag of salt in two days ago, incredibly efficient. You will save enough money on salt to pay for the softener. Btw, we use on average 125 gallons of water a day, the unit keeps track of all this and more, so we don't scrimp on water.

I checked out the high efficiency model at Culligan and they quoted $3,500 plus tax. It will take along time to save on salt to cover the extra cost over a regular softener.

I replaced mine about 4 years ago with one from TSC. It was on sale for $400 for 30,000 grain model. TSC seems to have one model on sale for about 40-50% off at least once a month. The brand was Miralcle Water MW-30. It has worked fine so far. Don't now how much water we use but there is 3 of us in the house. The water here is 15 grain water and little or no iron. I put in a 20 kg bay about every 6-8 weeks I would say if I were guessing.