We go on a couple day musky trip every year shortly after opener. Without fail, the weather is absolutely brutal every time we go. Almost to the point of being comical. Our plan was to be at L St. Clair tomorrow by about 6 am. Forecast? Lightening all day....oh wait../nearly forgot the wind...50 k gusts. The last couple of weeks have been perfect weather. I finally get to go fishing? BAM bring on the non-stop lightening. We have had many brutal adventures in the Kawarthas of hunkering down to wait out storms cowering somewhere (usually under someone's cottage)...this time it sounds like we won't even get on the water!

Have had the same luck with fall perching trips with my brother and dad. Some falls we have only fished for a couple of hours. The beverages and stories back at the hotel are always enjoyable though. It has got to a point that the fishing is almost secondary.

I wish you good luck with the weatherman.

thats the way we have been looking at it...it truly is an adventure every time we go. Here comes a storm....do we head for the car? do we head back to our camp site?....oh look at that, not gonna make either lets duck and cover. I have been under people's decks, under their cottages, squatting in the woods, in garden sheds...you name it. We have had some crazy weather.