UFC Iceman Done "NF"

PatrickGG

Just saw a couple of the fights on YouTube. Jardine got pummelled, and Liddell...what can you say? He ate one!

Yea i Couldn't believe Jardine got hit hard and fast i thought that was gonna be a good fight lots of upsets.

Yea there was to much Hype around Chuck same thing happened to St Pierre lots of Hype to much confidence and when it came down to the nitty gritty they got a beat down, Quinton Jackson was focused and ready to do what he did as for Chuck i think deep inside he knew he was gonna get it, Jackson is one tough opponent and really cocky that one reason why i wished Chuck would have gave him a beat down, one fight i would love to see is Gonzaga Vs Jackson its just to bad they ain't in the same Weight Category.

Edited by PatrickG

One thing I have learned is to NEVER doubt Randy Couture's picks ! Man can that guy make fight predictions !

I knew that if Rampage shows up with the right mindset he can and will beat Chuck standing , but if the Rampage that got mauled by Wandy and Shogun showed up , he was in for a rough night .

Luckily , his calm and nervous facial expression was nothing at all , and his strategy of cutting chuck off and stalking him worked beautifully .

I don't see Rampage holding the belt for long though . Hendo is gonna make him work , and 'Page won't be able to handle Hendo's grappling.

Hey,if the cop can be taken down,anyone can be taken down. I watched the previews up to the fight(wont pay for PPV) and I was very impressed with Jackson. He,s built like Goodrich,but a much better round fighter.

Yes I know Gary. A great fella to know. ;) Met him back in the earlly 80.s when I use to arm wrestle.

I don't see Rampage holding the belt for long though . Hendo is gonna make him work , and 'Page won't be able to handle Hendo's grappling.

Who says he will grapple? One good smack upside the head and Hendo will be thinking ,I wish I was in KANSAS.LOL

Edited by misfish

How was there too muc hype around Liddell?? He dominated everyone they put in front of him until Page. I called this fight. Liddell is a counter striker, and Rampage taunted him and ticked him off and put him off his gameplan. People are too afraid of Chuck to push the fight knowing that one punch could end it. Rampage had the right plan, take it to him, he did it and he won! Who else since he fought rampage has pushed the fight?? No one, Liddell just sits back and picks his shots until he smells blood. It's worked well for him, and will continue to work well for him. We will see round 3, likely going to Rampage again!

While Liddell has been champ he has stopped Ortiz twice, Couture twice, Sobral , White, and Horn . None of these fine fighters are true strikers like Jackson is , and none have a chin like he does . With a better game plan he should have been able to beat Wandy and Shogun , he does have the tools , but he just wasn't there .

Hendo will indeed be champ, and that sucks for Rampage coz his championship run will end so soon and he won't have an opportunity to bask in the glory .

that is the first striker CHuck has fought in a few years, I called that one !

Me too! And I got $5 out of it. I would have to say that was one of the best UFC's I've seen in awhile. From the first fight on to the last, excellent stuff. And Jardine had that coming, he took that guy lightly and said some things prior to the fight where I was glad to see him knocked out cold!

I had to stay off this forum cuz I had not seen the fight until Sunday night, and I knew someone would post a title of the outcome, that kinda drives me nuts.

Styles make fights. Rampage just has the style to give Liddell trouble. Rampage on the other hand has been beat down too many times to count. I don't see him being any better than he was in the past, but maybe... Shogun owned him in a terrible way. Really other than his freak elbow dislocation against Coleman, Shogun has looked incredible. Rampage lost to Ninja Rua too, but crazy Pride judges gave him the decision. Many thought he lost to Lindland too, another "questionable" decision victory. Silva whacked him twice although Rampage did put a good showing in for the 2nd fight and had Silva hurt in the first round.

I think Hendo has a good chance at being a 3 belts at once title holder and I don't think he's even the best 183 lber in Pride (Paulo Filho).

Charles

It,s beating like that,that make a man a better fighter and he has learned I think from that. Once you have been taken down no matter if it,s in the ring or on the street,you know next time it,s for keeps and you dont want to be the one on the wrong side.