Bug spray and gasoline, smells like summer in the boat!

limeyangler

Hi all,

What an awesome day. Started waaaaay early and was on the lake as the sun poked up over the horizon at 5:15am. 3 nice walleye and a bunch of lakers later i was back in time to prepare for an afternoon fishfry by the lake. Fun, family, fish,friends,fire pits, food and fireworks . Did i mention it was an awesome day?

Literally first jig down and a massive arch heaved itself off bottom and slammed my jig (4"minnows). Took pictures, reloaded so to speak and same thing again, but it spat the hook, about 10 minutes later another nice walleye. The walleye bite died off and i got a few trout, then another walleye. Tried a spot i know for a bass with no luck. All the fish were in 14'-17'FOW, water temps varied between 42-46 degreesF.

Got home, got supper ready and some friends dropped by with their dogs ( Roloffs's sister) for a fishfry. Jack and Payton say they are getting married…..I approve…she's a real sweetheart and they got along famously! IT WAS ACTUALLY HOT TODAY……SUMMER!!!!!!!! Woodsmoke, fish slime, cut grass , gasoline, 2 stroke oil, bug dope,….lol….the scent of summer for me!

SOME PICS OF A MOST EXCELLENT DAY!

9ca9a10a-2580-4ec0-8efd-bf084383c2c1.jpg

IMG_7653.jpg

IMG_7654.jpg

IMG_7657.jpg

IMG_7655.jpg

IMG_7664.jpg

10390177_10154206594030245_2869035384067

10309337_10154206594020245_4012280728699

IMG_7670.jpg

IMG_7679.jpg

Gosh, buddy, those are some wonderful photos! :)

Thanks man, I was particularly fond of how the umbrella one came out.

Theres a story here

10390177_10154206594030245_2869035384067

Just look at Roloff. Ya it,s my ball. The other two,oh looks it,s a ball.Lets play.

It,s my ball.

LOL

LOL, yeah Brian, it was quite the competition. The light colour dog(Diego) wanted to lie on them so nobody could get them, he was even carrying around 3 balls in his mouth at once to stop the others getting them, while Sadie(Roloff's sister) would just run away with it wanting the others to chase, Roloff was very patient if not a little bemused.

Gotta love those first warm days of spring :clapping: . It still kills me that is your back yard. walk to the end of the yard to catch your fresh walleye supper. Excellent!

Its nuts…..29C yesterday and there was ice on the lake a week ago!

great start...It's gonna be a gooood summer!

I feel it in my waters too chad….lol.