Rice Lake Launch

Never been, but taking my son on the long weekend. I know it will be busy, but am looking for a good place to launch from (I am coming from Brampton). With a 6 year old... The less busy the better.

Would also welcome any pm's for Crappie or walleye tips.

Thanks in advance!

The problem with Bewdley is there is no parking anywhere close to the public launch. There is plenty of parking, but its almost 2km from the launch. Last time I was thru there (last week) the docks weren't in yet.

Hiawatha is a good spot too, but I went by there last week to, and the concrete slab has shifted and caused a huge bump in the ramp. Im not sure I'd launch my boat there.

Check your pm's.

S.

I went by the Hiawatha ramp this past Monday. The shifted concrete has made the ramp unusable, but seemed like there was room next to the concrete to put in on the gravel but I didn't try. There's also new signs up saying that this isn't a "free" launch and that $10 parking needs to be paid or else you get towed.

Will not be launching there anyone more. Can someone pm or post a good launch with parking.

There isn't one that I know of thats public. It sucks. I live 15 mins from Bewdley. I've been bringing a bike with me....launch the boat, drive to parking lot, and bike back to boat, lock up bike, go fishing. I can't do it when I'm solo though, so its Bull. I don't know what they were thinking when they did that.

If you launch at the first place coming into bewdley, they charge to launch, but the parking is a lot closer.

S.

S.

Never been, but taking my son on the long weekend. I know it will be busy, but am looking for a good place to launch from (I am coming from Brampton). With a 6 year old... The less busy the better.

Would also welcome any pm's for Crappie or walleye tips.

Thanks in advance!

Pm sent.

Rennie and his wife have sold Muskie Bay resort, and resort is under new ownership

That's too bad. I always liked them. My last visit was in 2011 [or 2012, I forget]. Hopefully the new owners keep the camp up to the same standards.