Worth sharing as soft water season starts

spincast

Quite a few of us have probably already read this, but I thought it worth sharing given Fischen's post

Boats do sink even with experienced people at the helm. I use this as a word of caution when I go out, especially since I met Dave and chatted with him personally about the incident.

The author of this is an experienced great lakes fisherman and author. You can tell by his face that these events are still clear as a bell in his mind and experience. "I never go out without an inflatable pfd anymore Rick -and everyone on my boat has to wear pfds"

An inflatable is on my list, as I hate wearing a pfd - but I'll put up with it in the meantime

http://www.glangler.com/_blog/Great_Lakes_Angler/post/MULL%27s_BLOG_Stupid,_Adrift_and_Thanking_God_for_a_Coleman_Cooler/

An excellent read. I started wearing an inflateable when my son started coming on the boat with me, I now wear it religiously. In warm weather it can make all the difference. In foul shoulder season weather, it may save you if your picked up quickly, or at the very least will make your recovery easier. I forget I'm even wearing it these days.

An excellent read. I started wearing an inflateable when my son started coming on the boat with me, I now wear it religiously. In warm weather it can make all the difference. In foul shoulder season weather, it may save you if your picked up quickly, or at the very least will make your recovery easier. I forget I'm even wearing it these days.

Kinda like the seat belt rule?,after you were used to it, if you didn't put it on right away something felt missing.

People are crazy not to where pfds. I had a good laugh last year crappie fishing at a friend camp on big sawbill last year. I told my partner for the day to make sure he brought his pfd, and he just laughed at me. We fished only a couple hundred yards from camp, and started smashing crappie right away. I hear a boat and called it out, MNR lol. Sure enough it was. Pleasant folks but one of them tried stinging me on my outdoors card for absolutely no reason lol, just silly. But my buddy got a hefty fine for not having his pfd. $350 if i remember correctly. Anyhow, there life saving abilities make them a must have. And if ya dont have em it can easily cost you your life, or $350 dollars

Edited by manitoubass2