Camping Suggestions

Dan668

Already booked a cottage months in advance for this summer based on advice from members. Managed to get another week off in the summer. Looking for a recommendation on where to go camping. Place has to have a boat launch/dock (although i usually pull my boat out), and be pet friendly, have a comfort station and maybe a swimming area. Probably will spend most of the entire week fishing with my own boat. Looking anywhere up to an 8 hour drive. Normally i go to Restoule but most of the sites i like are booked at this time. Not to familiar with private campgrounds, usually i stay at a Ontario Prov Park which is why I'm looking for advice. Sort of want to try a new place.

Thanks

2 of my favorites

For an 8 hour drive, and a week of time off, Barclay Bay, Missinaibi Lake, it gives you the feeling of remoteness unlike any other Ontario Prov. Park. Walleye, the chance at pike, lakers, and a slim chance at smallies.

If you don't want to go quite so far, Wakami PP is very cool. Walleye, pike and whitefish, and a great, remote vibe.

check out Halfway Lake PP. I was there last year for a couple nights. Real nice park with great sites,although not alot right on the water. The park has a great beach and the lake has pike ,bass,walleye and lake trout. When I was there the weather was rather crappy and cool so did not do alot of fishing,but did manage a few nice pike off shore. The lake had very little people on it fishing.

Looked up that place I see the OP is in GTA, 11h from Hamilton that's a long drive!

there's a short cut if you don't mind gravel roads, less than 8 hour drive

Chris is right. From the GTA I can get almost to White River in 11 hours. Wakami is 8 hours tops whether you use the shortcut or not.

I'll second both of Chris's suggestions. Regardless of a little bit more driving, if you're going for a full week then why not travel to a destination that'll offer a 10X better experience?

I can tell you right now If it was me and I had a week I'd be driving a LOT further than that!

If I was camping for a week and pulling my own boat this is where I'd be going. Damn near fly in quality fishing on an amazing body of water. Campsites are very nice as well:

http://www.osullivansrainbow.com/index.html