Carp are still spawning

dsn

Tired fishing extremely shallow water but the carp are still spawning. Lost of jumps early in the morning. And most if the hits were early morning too. Doesn't matter if you get there 7am or 8am they were already searching for food. After 2:30pm everything just died down. Tried several locations and nothing.

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

So I decided to fish deeper and wha la!

010.jpg

They are finally getting bigger. One more day out tomorrow then I'll have pack my gear away along with everything else. :blush: I'm moving.

dsn

Nice pics.They are about done here as far as I can tell.They wrecked the area where the Smallmouths used to spawn,kinda sad but they are here to stay.Hope the bass find another place.

Joe

That does suck, it has happened to a few of my spots as well. But were just lucky we have no asian carp here yet!!!

Nice pictures but I thought they don't start spawning for another month or so? Especially this year I think it's about 2 week later than last when the weather got warmer.....I think they are just swimming in schools and supre hungry for food and getting ready for spawn. If they had started, they won't be interested at your bait.

Carp USUALLY don't spawn till the water temps hit the mid 60's . . . . what you are mostly seeing right now is just 'porpoising,' or playing around & feeding. The more jumping activity you see, the less hitting they do. I find (when possible) if you pepper the area you're gonna fish, the evening before, with 5 to 10 pounds of maise, then a bit more in the morning before you start fishing, you'd have a hungry crowd attracted in! You DO require a good sling-shot for this! Here is a great site for you to choose from . . . http://www.anglingdirect.co.uk/catalog/pro...products_id=191, although SOME tackle shops here have one or 2, they tend to be cheaper models, but quite over-priced! To check out other ones, just punch in 'particle pults' to 'GOOGLE,' you'll see dozens! The British are the only ones who make REALLY good ones!

dsn...your pics are always amazing! The carp in my neck of the woods recently have been rolling around together in the shallows...not necessarily jumping...although it's pretty cool to see a 20+ pound carp get a little air when they do jump! I've noticed the bite has been off on them for a while now.

Question for the carp experts...is it any better to float your bollie from the bottom so it's suspended or is it just fine to leave it on bottom? I know...a newbie question, but when I see them floating around it's enough to drive you nuts cause they are not on the bottom....LOL.

dsn...your pics are always amazing! The carp in my neck of the woods recently have been rolling around together in the shallows...not necessarily jumping...although it's pretty cool to see a 20+ pound carp get a little air when they do jump! I've noticed the bite has been off on them for a while now.

Question for the carp experts...is it any better to float your bollie from the bottom so it's suspended or is it just fine to leave it on bottom? I know...a newbie question, but when I see them floating around it's enough to drive you nuts cause they are not on the bottom....LOL.

Pop up is the term used to described the "floating boilie" if the boilie is about 1 to 2 inches off bottom. You can either buy these pop-ups from stores or make them yourself (if you use microwave instead of boiling them, they will float). Some say microwave the ready made ones will make them float as well but the results are mixed.

Some real experts think pop-ups may spook the fish in most conditions, but you don't have a choice if the bottom is getting some weeds or too muddy. A regular sinking boilie will just dive into the muddy/weedy bottom. So it really depends on the bottom structure.

Pop up is the term used to described the "floating boilie" if the boilie is about 1 to 2 inches off bottom. You can either buy these pop-ups from stores or make them yourself (if you use microwave instead of boiling them, they will float). Some say microwave the ready made ones will make them float as well but the results are mixed.

Some real experts think pop-ups may spook the fish in most conditions, but you don't have a choice if the bottom is getting some weeds or too muddy. A regular sinking boilie will just dive into the muddy/weedy bottom. So it really depends on the bottom structure.

When you buy a regualr bag of Nash Bollies they come with samples of POP-UP bollies. I never caught anything on them. I try to use the bright color bollies so that they stand out from the bottom. Usually is black decaying leaves that I'm fishing. When ever I fish with a bollie I never use any weight.

dsn