FishFinder Help?

atvaholic

Is anyone familiar with this unit?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/humminbird-587ci-hd-combo-1781342p.html#.Uwj9mfldWUo

I've been looking for one, and was at my local Canadian Tire and they had these on clearance as they were last years model. They were out of them but had the display model on for less. Well I found they had cracked the mount when they screwed it to the desk so after a chat with the manager I got it for less then half price ! I scooped one....but know very little about fish finders. Maybe someone can help explain what all these gizmos do, and if its a good fishfinder.

I mounted the same exact combo last summer on the boat. Do you have a GPS card. Mine came with a simple Navionics Gold I think for $600.00 taxes in. Only need it for Erie and it's just fine for my needs. Good clear color screen and plenty of coverage. Hook it up to a 12 volt and use the demo mode for practice. Follow the instructions for mounting it on the boat. It's was simple, even for me. I really like the bayonet mount.

To learn all you will ever need to know about it go to YouTube and enter the model of your Hummingbird and play along with the You tube video. There is some fairly simple instructions on how to use it.

It's all I need for Walleye and Rainbows out here. Then of course there are the thousands of other fish it will help me catch.

The most important feature for me is it keeps us safe knowing where we are and where we are heading. If you didn't hit a rock on the way out follow your path back in and you shouldn't hit one on the way back.

Edited by Old Ironmaker