South Bay of Nipissing Report

Bernie

Well after a long time waiting it finally happened - open season on Nipissing. Well sometimes things work out opening weekend, other times not so good. This is only a hmmmm type opener. It seems to depend a lot on water temperature and a few other factors as to to where the pickerele may be . We started out at a few of the good opening day spots that have produced well in the past. Took a couple of hours and a few different spots but we finally tallied a few on Saturday morning. All but 1 were in the slot size. Sunday was absolutely miserable weather and there are many days ahead that will be much nicer to fish. So we sat by the fire at the cottage and checked out some finer spirits. Monday we headed out again and tried a few more spots and were badly skunked. My brother had to go and pick up his daughters. He swung by another spot on his way home and phoned me an hour later to report that he found the current pickerel hangout. In 15 minutes he had his limit. We will be trying that spot out later this week.

Here are a couple pics of our weekend journeys.

Bernies_013.JPG

Bernies_016.JPG

Guest Johnny Bass

GReat Reprot. We were supposed to go to Callander and two guys cancelled on us. Been going up there for 10 years on opener but have missed the last 3. Fishing is starting to slow down up thwere and wasn't worth the drive. But still planning to go again soon.

Hey Bernie!

Nice job out there...fishing where the fish are is the hardest thing to figure out, but once you do....LOOK OUT!!! I hope you get lots later on, now that your brother found them.

Wont be long now until we are sharing a boat up there...cant wait!! Good luck with the fishing...you scoping out pike spots yet for the OFC G2G tourney yet?? haha.

Cliff

Great report and pics Bernie!... but I'll tell ya, the way I see it is it wasn't the weather that had anything to do with your lack of fish. It's obvious to me that the old Cabelas Wobble Head jig mould is worn out and won't catch fish any more... so I'll give you $5 for it right now, but don't wait too long to take me up on my offer... because tomorrow it drops down to $4! :whistling:

Hope you have better luck after you buy a new mould... I'll be awaiting your reply. :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for the responses guys. Cliff, Pike? What are they? lol. JK I seen the one you caught, you wont need me to show you how, you are doing just fine on your own. Still looking forward to taking you and Bly out on the water. My brother will be coming with us as well. He is much more avid and die hard fisherman than me. Glen, The jigs were workin' just fine, it was just the guy at the other end that wasn't doin' the job. I will still take the $4 dollar offer though :lol: