An OFC'er brought me back

BillsTheBassMan

Hello All,

Well, I have been away for a couple years as life kind of took over - a new father, engagement, the passing of grandparents, too little time on the water, far too much time at work. I fished consistently, but never enough.

Fishing has a way of bringing you back though. I was able to get a very close friend very addicted to fishing and we've enjoyed many trips.

I was monkeying around for bass in the fall and then the single-most defining (and potentially expensive) moment happened.

WHAM.

Reel screaming, heart pumping, me swearing.

"I don't think this is a ba..." Fish swims by "ITS NOT A BASS BRO!" He's kind of staring cluelessly. "Why aren't you video-taping this or something"

At this point I had seen the fish and knew that I had my first Musky. I landed it quickly, released it quickly and had it back in the water after a few pictures.

Musky.jpg

A few casts later I caught another, smaller 'ski.

Musky2.jpg

A few months later and I have all the appropriate gear to properly fish for Musky. I was then trolling Kijiji for new gear and I came across a St. Croix Legend Musky Rod. I messaged the seller and we remembered eachothers names. Fisherpete was the owner of the Rod and we arranged a price and delivery. He was kind enough to include some extra gear and it was nice connecting with the community again. I look forward to posting reports of all the trips we have planned this summer.

I am also looking for suggestions on a mid-range SUV (not a gas hog, not a crossover) that can tow a mid-range boat

We will be on Nipissing for the opener and for a week in August. If anyone wants to have a few pops, send me a message.

Cheers to Pete. It is good to be back.

Edited by BillsTheBassMan

Thanks for the kind words Ryan - and glad to have you back!

There's a spot for you in my boat whenever you want to try your hand at Kawartha muskies.

As for mid range SUV... I would not recommend my Escape as a tow vehicle - it does OK with my boat, but my boat/trailer/motor etc. is probably around 1000lbs. Andrew (Lunkerhunter here on the board) does very well with his Nissan X-Terra... pulls his 18ft Princecraft around pretty well, even up the ramp in Dunnville in March.

Welcome to the world of musky addiction :)

THERE IS NO CURE

Thanks again Pete. Check your pm momentarily. I have not considered the newer escapes because of the 13+ recalls on the 2013 model.

Welcome back. Honda Pilot is not really an SUV per say but has tow power, VTM 4WD for slippery ramp situations, fuel efficiency and one hell of a smooth ride.

This is giving me something to think about. I like the looks of the vehicle as well. Thanks for the reply