It's a long shot but maybe someone can help us out.

fishnsled

Our group of sledders had a cottage booked for the family day weekend (Friday to Monday). We received an email saying that there was a propane leak and the furnace failed, busted pipes just a mess for them and no way to have it repaired and ready for us in a weeks time.

So we are looking for a cottage or something that can accommodate 8 guys. Main purpose of the weekend is to be on the trails but wouldn't minded dropping a line and fishing as well. At this late point in the game we are not too picky as things are booked up pretty good right now. Anything with in a 3 hour drive or so of Toronto is the area we are looking, prefer the Bancroft area but like I said, not to picky at this point.

Suggestions of any place is greatly appreciated. Must have cooking facilities.

Thanks!!

Haven't been there in more than 20 years Will, but a couple dozen of us used to go to Bonnie View Inn at Haliburton for weekend snowmobiling trips and back then it was a pretty nice place. Big main lodge with a bar & restaurant, plus a bunch of cabins around the property. Your right at the lake and the trails go by the front door.

No idea what it's like now though but it's something you may be interested in.

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bonnieviewinn.com%2F&ei=u7PyUsKvCsGRqgGz-4CoBA&usg=AFQjCNFXknkuSaB-04nTOgukxDOznUBriw&bvm=bv.60799247,d.aWM

Edited by lew

Greatly appreciate all the input guys. One of the other guys in the group found a place for us through cottagesincanada.com.

Then you know about the world class Specks located outside the forest? :)

There are no Specks there...... :) I've actually never fished the forest before. A buddy of mine has been bugging me for years to fish it.

Commanda Lake Resort

705 729 5856

AL or his wife will help you out, he has a bunch of cabins to rent out as well as their "Café" where you can have dinner and sometimes some live music on Saturday nights.

They also rent their old house that sleeps 10 -12 and is just beautiful inside. Be a great place for 8 people sledding for the weekend. Trails around there are awesome, you can ride up to North Bay and back in a day.

Awesome place, awesome hosts give them a call the house may not be booked as he only likes renting it out to large groups.

Will, u are welcome here anytime. I have miles of trails at my door step and a thousand more within a 30 minute drive.... You can easily hit the land o' lakes, peterbough, kaladar, quinte etc all within 30-45min a ton of sledding trails and fishing! Up to you, but you know my door is always open. I would happy to host.

G