Why should I get fined, when....

nofish4me

Well are they pets or feral cats, there is a difference.

Outdoor cats whether feral or pets will cause the same problems. They all hunt and kill and they all whizz and crap in your yard. It isn't a problem when the number of cats is small..but IMHO that still doesn't make it right. Your pets are your responsibility. I don't know anyone who lets there kids loose to let them kill wildlife or crap in someone else's yard. Not sure why some feel it is OK for there pets to do that <_<

A topic that gets under my skin. My apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread.

Outdoor cats whether feral or pets will cause the same problems. They all hunt and kill and they all whizz and crap in your yard. It isn't a problem when the number of cats is small..but IMHO that still doesn't make it right. Your pets are your responsibility. I don't know anyone who lets there kids loose to let them kill wildlife or crap in someone else's yard. Not sure why some feel it is OK for there pets to do that <_<

A topic that gets under my skin. My apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread.

Not sure how you can compare kids to animals or pets. Doing so in the context that you are, then do those parents teach the "kids" to do their business in a litter box or eat and drink from a bowl on the floor and teach them tricks like shake a paw and fetch?

Animals have animal instincts and always will. Some are raised indoors and have no problem staying there, others crawl the walls to get outside. I had a cat for 18 years (RIP Felix) and it was an indoor/outdoor cat and sure he brought home a few "presents," but rarely wandered from the back or front yard. I set up a sandbox in the back for him to do his business and it worked pretty good. Some can be trained to stay on a leash in the yard, but most would hang themselves unintentionally because that's just not the way a cat is meant to be. People say it is cruel to let them go outdoors, I think it is cruel to keep them in 24/7.

This person who is feeding feral cats probably has problems of his or her own and it should be brought to the attention of Animal Control. Sounds like there are too many.

Also, I am a responsible dog owner and always stoop and scoop, but every single day I walk my dog, I see dog feces all over the parks, sidewalks, walkways, and it ticks me off. I've stepped in it so many times while walking and looking up taking photographs that that gets under my skin more than the occasional pet cat in the neighborhood. At least they bury theirs.

I can almost guarantee humans have done more damage to wildlife and property than any pet cat ever has or will.

Also just my opinion :)

I have an indoor cat who likes to go outside and lay in the sun or prowl around. His world is when I get home from work the dog and cat go outside while I am prepping the truck for the next day and other outside work needed. The cat is called in with a whistle and the dog and I finish our outside work or go for a walk on the property. I watch over the cat when he is in his outdoor world because he does not have front claws.

Art

I was reading in the local "Promoter" that The City of Kawartha Lakes is still studying the problem of the feral cats...not that they are doing anything about it but they are still studying the problem...(For the past four years)...

Remember how long it took for them to fix your bridge down the road ?...I think it is the same commitee... :whistling: