Shipping One piece Musky Rods

cowanjo

Need to ship 4 Legend tourney musky rods to Chicago next year as flying in not taking boat, anyone had experience and what company I should use. I will package them in a PVC tube (Courtesy of Craig Im Hooked) longest will be one piece big nasty (Thanks Dan)> I am in Toronto

Any advice of who to use seems I cant take them as oversized on the plane

Dan I have already talked to tim - thinking buy on musky first then resell after two weeks - way cheaper - you don't need to buy they are in the garage and you have a key to cottage and boat - therefore you have access to all you need.

Jim said I can try the new gloomis - but what if this really impacts my fishing - mike parker would hunt me down for not winning.....maybe he will never let me in his boat again and there goes my pb chance!

Try giving Greyhound a call. They used to offer package shipping and it was dirt cheap compared to the other modes. I haven't shipped this way in years, but I'm pretty sure they still do within Canada. You drop off and pick up at the station. Your challenge is going to be the customs documents for unaccompanied goods. There is a special entry that has to be done for that type of shipment, even if it is used. Expect them to be opened by customs each way as the tubes would be the size and shape they might be interested in - especially as unaccompanied goods, so insuring them with the carrier might be a thought.

Dan I have already talked to tim - thinking buy on musky first then resell after two weeks - way cheaper - you don't need to buy they are in the garage and you have a key to cottage and boat - therefore you have access to all you need.

Jim said I can try the new gloomis - but what if this really impacts my fishing - mike parker would hunt me down for not winning.....maybe he will never let me in his boat again and there goes my pb chance!

I will let you in the boat just leave them St.croix here and get yourself some new ones on the trip.

My friend said west jet allows long packages so he brought them with him. Another friend was on a small plane so he could not bring the long rods. I would guess it would be best to as the airline if you can send them with you

I can confirm have had my rods with me when I flew out west. It goes into oversized baggage.