Looking For spring trip Idea's

Paudash

Usually my son and I do a spring trip with a group of guys to Northern Ontario into the back woods but it does not look like it is going to happen as the group has started to go its own way

I am looking for some idea and places to go

Here is what I have and what I am will to do

We prefer to fish for Pike and Walleye

willing to drive 10 hours from the GTA

willing to camp

we have a trailer that we sleep in that also holds 2 ATV's so we can use it to get into the back area's

we have a 17 foot fishing boat we can take if the ATV's and trailer are not needed

also looking for a new group that is looking to add 2 more guys

I am 46 and my son is 18

we like to go in early June, looking for a 4-5 day trip

I might suggest picking up one of the backroad mapbooks for the general area you like. It will give you a basic description of whats in the lakes and show you how to get there. If your willing to drive 10 hours there are probably 1000 pike and walleye lakes you could choose from

Little Abitibi prov park, fsr access to river at south end of Pierre lake, can then boat into Pierre, Montreuil and Harris, excellent walleye and pike, lots of moose and bears around, also brookie lakes in the area

bugs will be killer in early june, definitely want to pack a full bug suit

Edited by bare foot wader

with the boat and camping, I'd look at Ramsay Lk (near Biscotasing), good walleye, some pike

other lakes to check out- Biscotasing, Horwood, the north end of Onaping, Windermere, Big Missinaibi

I'm assuming you load up the boat, and head down the lake to find a camping spot

for the ATV back lake stuff, you could set up base camp at Wakami PP near Chapleau and do exploration and day trips from there, lots of walleye/ pike lakes around

Tayzak may chime in with some help about the area around Folyet

with the boat and camping, I'd look at Ramsay Lk (near Biscotasing), good walleye, some pike

other lakes to check out- Biscotasing, Horwood, the north end of Onaping, Windermere, Big Missinaibi

I'm assuming you load up the boat, and head down the lake to find a camping spot

for the ATV back lake stuff, you could set up base camp at Wakami PP near Chapleau and do exploration and day trips from there, lots of walleye/ pike lakes around

Agree with Chris about Ramsey. Once you get past Cat bay at the top end of the lake there's very few people. Big beautiful lake with good walleye fishing although it seems to be more seasonal. June is prime time...

If it's just you and your son you may want to consider a fly in out of Chapleau. You'd likely be surprised how affordable it really is and the experience is worth it.

PM me if you want details.