MNR Salmon BLITZ>

hammercarp

I don't see this as effective... That's only about $120 per fine... That's a pretty small amount if these "anglers" are selling fish or keeping a LOT in the freezer to feed their families the rest of the year....

I slipped up in a local tribe one year... I thought the boundary was bridge A but it was bridge B... I had no fish.... There were others fishing the area before I arrived... Literally first troll... $250 fine... And there are no signs to show that your changing zones on these bridges... Nor is it in writing what bridge is the boundary... Just the FMZ maps...

So $120 per fine in my eyes is a joke for the blatant poaching occurring on Great Lakes tribs...

I would imagine it cost a lot more then $10,000 to perform this blitz.... So a few get a slap on the wrist today and back at it tomorrow.... And our dollars are down the tubes... "Most" know they're in the wrong... And these fines won't stop a thing unless they occur A LOT more regularity.... Honest people will learn... The rest will continue their ways... Second ofences should have HUGE FINES... That way when caught the first time they are aware that if they get caught again it will be a very large fine...miggt scare people enough to read up...

Anyways... My 2 cents....

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

with McGuinty squandering a billion and change you'd think the GTA tribs would be a GOLDMINE in the fall! hahahaha certainly beats coming to me for the money!

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

at this point, it is the resource "users" that are paying for the resource. the scale needs to tip over to resource "abusers" paying for conservation and enforcement budgets.

at this point, it is the resource "users" that are paying for the resource. the scale needs to tip over to resource "abusers" paying for conservation and enforcement budgets.

Oh Id like that but makes to much sense. As for the dollar total of the fines yes its not enough because if one person fights the charge the net cost to the province will probably be in excess of that total

I think this is a good start. I don't remember seeing a press release like this before.

there was a release I mentioned this in a post about a month ago and at the time it was 21 charges in total and they had officers from several areas involved and most were undercover as well !!! I hope they keep it up and go undercover at the Kawartha lakes area dams !!!! I report crap I see quite often and don't really ever see or hear any results either