Your fav late summer/early fall bass techniques!

BillM

Been hitting the water pretty hard since bass opener with the oldman (We average 3-4 times a week) and have had a riot with bass this year. Now that the cool nights and shorter days are upon us I'm trying to key in on those fish that are starting to migrate towards their fall patterns. The smallies aren't to hard to figure out, we've done ok with droppshotting and vertical jigging spoons when running over big schools off the drops and transitions.. The largemouth I'm having a bit of a tougher time with.. Still some fish really shallow and in the slop but nothing with any size. I've read that unlike smallmouth which change depths with the seasons, the largies just move off the structure a bit more.. I'd love to hear what you guys like as your go to patterns in the fall. From what I've seen the water temps are anywhere from low 60's to still almost 70 in some of the lakes I'm fishing. As a side note, the crappies have been insane this summer, probably the best summer we've ever had for them. Big average (12-13in with some whopper 14-15in fish in that mix as well)..

8-12 ft of water. jig and pig or 10 inch worms rigged texas

Find the last green weeds in the lake and you will find the largies.

Yep, just off the weedbeds for me. First thing I try is a fast presentation with a fluke, lipless crank or a spinnerbait to see if they are "on". If not, I fish on the outside of the weedbed, slowing down as necessary. I find flukes a great go-to at these temps: fish it hard and fast to cover water, or slow it down if they are being finicky.

Same as singing dog for buckets just off weed lines and drop offs with Texas rigs and cranks for smallies it's been tubes and senkos !!! And we have been fishing fairly deep for them as well 12-30ft and it seems slow is the ticket for my buddy and myself he has been dropshotting and I have been Texas rigging and dragging tubes really good at transitions rock/sand and flats near bottom of drop offs we have done pretty well no giants but lots of impressive fish it took a few trips to figure them out but the lakes we fish the buckets have been deeper as well different year that's for sure !!!!! And now they are drawing wTer down and one of our lakes has dropped over 2 feet so that's gonna change fishing styles again !!!