Ethanol-Free Gas Stations

DanD

Yep, I had the original fuel line off my engine for about 15 yrs, worked fine, no problem. Started running ethanol fuel, and started having problems. Started by cleaning the carbs and worked my way all the way back to the tank from there. It was the line. After taking it apart, it was a gooey mess inside.

The shell station I use says right on the pump, no ethanol in V-power. They better not be rippin me off, or I'm gonna be pissed!! I'm going in there today. I want answers!! Friggen scammers as it is!!

S.

ok thank you

looked up a Costco link also.. it may or may not contain Ethanol

Q: Why does Costco gasoline contain ethanol?

A: The federal Energy Policy Act of 2005 established the Renewable Fuels Standard, which required that a certain amount of ethanol be used in the nations' fuel supply. The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 increased this amount. Costco gasoline complies with this law, and if our fuel contains ethanol a pump decal will advise you of that fact.

If Shell gets their fuel from multiple depots then yeah it's very possible.

The truth is simple: corn gas is garbage !!!! Period and all they have done is de-graded gas and spiced it back up with ethanol !!!!!! It doesn't even smell the same it's just garbage !!!!! And to think grow corn to burn it instead of feeding people or livestock !!!! Brilliant ...... Ya can't fix stupid.