Pigeon Lake Questions

Familyfisherman

Hey folks,

We'll be fishing Pigeon the weekend of Sept 21-22nd. We would love to catch some bass and crappies. All fish will be going back.

Just wondered if anyone had any direction for us...we've found them a bit difficult to find at this time of year in the past. In the summer fishing jigs tipped with worms worked well, but last fall we had very limited success in the same areas we had tried in summer. Glad for some help.

Thanks.

Kevin

If you can venture into big bald lake or little bald, there are plenty of crappie to be had in the weed beds around the islands from what I remember we were jigging with some worms and the girlfriends youngest brother had a worm harness on and was catching them all over the place, there's a lot of bass in there as well look for rocks sticking out of the water and they seem to congregate there, go top water with live target frogs or if you can cast it far enough a Rapala skitter pop is a great topwater option

I found pigeon lake to be strange this year... at least during the summer anyways. All my usual goto spots were nearly abandoned... I had to change up techniques... to the simplest of them all. Worm near bottom just off of rocky shorelines or rocky drop offs, caught a few pickerel and many smallies like that.,

I likes leafs call earlier in the season i abandon BBL and LBL somewhat at present almost like sept1 I know some people will say i am wrong. I would look at a few of the isolated reefs and drop shot leeches off the edge or minnows. Look in noggies on edge bob side deeper and along channel markers around bobcaygeon. good luck