The Most Comfortable Tent

Musky or Specks

I've spent this summer using my hammock tent and for those who have trouble getting comfortable camping I can't recommend hammocks enough. No more hard ground Went hiking this weekend and slept like a baby( a rather large gassy baby but nonetheless)

My palace

DSC01804_zps932e15eb.jpg

The lake at the summit

DSC01806_zps9d7fb8f7.jpg

Still warm enough for a swim though

DSC01809_zps201cc4d6.jpg

I have the Hennesey Asym Ultralite with the Safari fly and snakeskin holder...absolutly amazing.

1lb 15oz it sets up anywhere with tree's LOL....

I'm about 180lb's give or take depending on the week and two trees with 5" diameter is enough to hang for me.

Where they shine is if you are a Side sleeper....

My hips used to ache somthing awfull with a thermarest matress on the ground because the 2" of air matress was not enough to absorb the curves of my hips(insert jokes here....)

The Aysm conforms to add just enough support and just enough cushion to make it almost like a custom fit.

Sleeping on my back...yup just as good.

If your a stomach sleeper though....don't bother.

Its also 100% rainproof and because your off the ground there are no worries of run off and no ground sheet required.

Its ideal for portaging and it fits anywhere your tent won't...no need for level ground.

The down side of a hammock is it can get cold on your back in the shoulder seasons...

you NEED a good sleeping bag, or bring an emergency (foil style) blanket to place under your back if you don't have a good low rated Sleeping bag. Or purchase the insulation kit....

But in My oppinion your best bang for your buck is get a good Sleeping bag and avoid carrying extra weight such as an insulation kit or emergency blanket.

ut truth be told if its warm weather camping you do...a cheap sleeping bag will do.

I should add the ventilation you get from the open Screen under the rain fly....oh man its just awesome.

As for where to put the Wife....if shes camping with me it usually means we're driving in by motorboat, or car so a full tent and inflatable matress along with our screen room and 10 man tent makes the trip LOL...

Hammocks are more for the deep woods trip ;)

To all you tenters I say this....Sleeping on the ground is for Suckers LOL....