New PB Crappie

Dutch

I was fishing a Peterborough Bassmasters Club tournament on Lower Buckhorn and picked up this PB crappie on a 6 inch senko.

It hit like a freight truck and I thought I had a nice keeper bass, but realized I was in for a surprise as the fish came closer to the boat.

The fish was 14.5" long and as big around as a dinner plate. It was weighed on my fairly accurate scale at 1.56 pounds. This crappie had more weight behind it than some of the bass that were weighed in...lol.

Pics aren't great, but they give you an idea. I've caught 14 inchers before, but this one was so thick and had a lot of weight behind it.

y4su.jpg

63x0.jpg

As far as the club event goes - we ended up with 14.36 pounds and in 3rd place of 10 boats.

c6sk.jpg

Wish I could've taken it home for dinner, but our club has a strict rule you can only have bass in the livewell - and all our tournaments use an in-water weigh-in system and are strictly catch and release.

But you are probably right - that fish has probably eaten a lot of walleye fry in it's day. Pretty ambitious of it to hit a 6-inch senko.

I should be hitting that lake next sping for sure.

Huge crappie !!!! I hope he tasted good !!!!! Congrats on your pb !! Think of all the walleye fry that sucker has eaten !!!!!! Dinner time