Haven't been able to get out with G as much this year. Between family commitments, family illnesses and winds messing with the few days left, it has been difficult getting something together, and harder getting a decent fish day together. So this morning we got out a little later than normal and were greeted by an almost empty launch. The derby (ies) must be over. :good: We lost the first 4 hooks; some at the boat, some on the way. G became discouraged and passed the next fish to me to break the jinx. It worked. We ended up 6 for 13. Was a beauty day to be out on the water.

DSCF1408_zps7e0f3d4e.jpg

DSCF1410_zps28af2c68.jpg

We kept a couple small first year Chinook for the plates, and some trout for the smoker. the rest went back to play another day.

Nice to finally put together the right components.

My gawd,he dosent sleep all the time. LOL

Nice smile and great day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

:lol: OOOh, that happened too, especially after he lost 3 in a row. He was so mad, he pulled his hoodie up and shut er down. Then about half hour later when I said "get the net" he came alive. After that it was non stop G questions.

Nicely done Rick...You've got a very talented first-mate :)

Thanks Mike. I'm working on enjoying it while I can. Soon "other" pass times will doubtless replace time with Dad,. Hopefully he will come back after. With any luck, our outing will be as productive, or more.