It was a windy day today...

motv8tr

Today was, what has become an annual trip on the water with my friends two boys, and this year we took along my cousins 9 yr old son for his first trip on a boat. We went to Lunge Haven on Sturgeon lake for the third and last time. It seems there are new owners/operators and I was less than impressed.

I took out a 24' pontoon boat about 9:00 am and it was a bit windy...the wind didn't let up all day, and as the motor was not working right I couldn't move around too much. The fishing was tough in the cool windy conditions, but the boys were troopers and stuck it out.

My friends 9yr old managed to put a decent perch in the boat...and that was it for a couple of hours. We started to head back in the direction of Lunge Haven, st opped a few times along the way with no luck. Came to a spot not far out from Big Cliffs, watched some construction guys hard at work on his new boat house, and low and behold, my cousins 9yr old managed a nice sized Pumpkin Seed...he was a little excited to say the least :)

That was the end of any catching in the boat, it was time to head in...the boys fished from the dock for a bit, with only 3 little to play with. We had to meet up with my cousin to return her boy to her, then headed over to Pigeon lake to fish off the visitors dock near my mom and Beans place...1 little baby and that was it. Time to pack it up and head for home.

The catching was minimal at best, but the boys all had a good time I'm told...now to try to find a new place to go for next year...that won't break the bank for a half day on the water...

Maureen

Yes, pretty tough conditions for fishing on sturg. The lake has been whipped to a froth the last few days with this cold front.

Too bad about the owners at LH. That used to be a great little resort ran by good people!

It still beats working!

S.

Sorry to hear that the day didn't turn out too productive Moe. I haven't been at all impressed with the new owners at LH as well. Wish you and the boys could have come over here to fish off the dock but with the contractors here working on the boat house it just wouldn't have been safe to have the kids around. I'm not sure if Fish and Rest rents pontoon boats or not but I have heard some nice things about the owners there and being that it is right on the river would be more protected on a windy day.