2 questions dealing with new boat recommendations

ssauvain

I am looking at getting a new battery for my trolling motor...someone have recommendation of amps, etc...I have a new minnkota Endura 55 lb. transom motor.

Also on my rig I bought it has a very clean Wards Sea King 9hp enging..I see nowhere on the motor the mix rates???? Can someone help me there. I assume the engine is late 60s or early 70s

I secong group 31. You can use that batery all day and still have some juice to spare. Get one at a dedicated battery shop, they will give you good advice. I got 2 no-nmaes for a good price, saved money on the name brand stuff and just as good.

General rule for engines of that vintage is 24:1 oil mix. As for the battery, get the largest by weight, (thickness of lead plates), group 31, Interstate, or Trojann Batteries.

So my local O'Reilly's auto store has a SUPERSTART - BATTERY (GRP 31M DEEP CYCLE) for 74.99 good deal then??? 2 yr replacement guarantee

Good deals can usually be gauged by how much the battery weighs, the lighter batteries have less lead in them and although they fit the same size as all group 31 batteries, their service life will not be as long. Buying a good quality battery will cost a "bit" more than that. If you are happy with that deal and take good care of the battery, you can get a few more years out of them. Up to you. The only ones I don't believe in ar ethe "Spiral" wound or Optima type, far too much money for their output.

I purchased a deep cycle from Crappy Tire 3 years ago and it holds a decent charge. The battery was around $90.

Last year I replaced my spare deep cycle with one from Bass Pro which was around $110 and it was much more battery for the money then the one from Crappy Tire. It holds a bigger charge thus lasting more hours on my trolling motor for not alot more money.