Solo Double Header - 1 crank 2 fish???

Bassassins

I got an invite from an amazing member of one of the forums we are on to fish a lake X bass lake he has in Quebec. He was extremely dissapointed in our 50 fish day that only saw one highlight.

cjGaWsM.jpg

I laughed at his dissapointment - my arms are still sore 2 days later from all the hook sets. BUT when he said he would make it up to me and bring me back again when the "fishing will be better" I wasn't going to argue with him.

Now he said there were lots of bass in the lake but after landing these on my 3rd cast he could have said the sky was purple and I could probably believe him.

7gcXd4a.jpg

Has anyone has this happen before?? Feel free to share pictures and/or stories if you have them. HILARIOUS!

Just a quick little report about a day meeting a new friend and a true first for me.

Tight Lines,

Smooth

Edited by Bassassins

ha...this spring trolling a worn harness for walleye!! I got 2 LMB, one on each hook. I never seen it myself before that lol

My daughter had given up until that point and started fishing again and got a 16 inch eye right after.

182889_10152833484220494_1085057825_n.jp

I actually had this happen to me with a chug bug (topwater) bait!!

There was this MASSIVE explosion, so I waited a second and set the hook into what I thought was easily a 5lb+ fish.... turned out to be two 2.5lbers that had literally hit the bait at the same time!

I have doubled up often when fishing rivers for smallmouths. The first fish hits and as it gets near the boat it is shadowed by one or two others. As you lift them up to boat them the other fish would slam it. I actually was on Pond X in Virginia and was trolling a rattle trap behind the boat. At level 2 on the trolling motor I cruised the shore and received 1 fish for the trouble. I turned around and trolled back at the same track and speed and lifted the rod to surface the lure to check for weeds and bang fish on. I continued this every 30 yards and pulled 5 more fish off the shore. It reminded me that triggers are just as important as what lure you use while fishing.

Art