What to do with those gobies?!

So, what's your policy? I don't often go panfishing, but when I'm getting skunked all day, anything will do! I was fishing off of Lake O. in a little inlet, and caught a few gobies off of my nightcrawler rig (was fishing for perch). When I didn't throw them back, another guy (that had his son with him) looked at me like I was some cold-blooded freak for not putting them back. On the opposite end, I was perch fishing and one guy came beside me, took 5 minutes and caught about 12 gobies. Then he cut them up, alive mind you, into chunks which he proceeded to use for the perch fishing. Just curious what everyone else does.

cheers,

MK

My son caught over 30 of them while I was busy fishing for carp the past Sat. At the end of day we put them in a bag, tightly tied, and they went to garbage can. I explained that we shouldn't put them back and why to my sons, and why we put most of other fish back.

If I get them, it's usually just one or two quick slams into a concrete slab, tree, wooden boardwalk or anything hard. My friends usually step on them but I'd hate to soil my gore-tex hikers. After I toss them back to become seagull or catfish food.

For those who are wondering, they can go 45+ yards using a carp sling shot with a carrying wind. 80+ yards if you use the right spod.

I personally think disposing of them is the right thing, but needs to be done properly. I like what the one post above said... a quick whack on the head, then into a bag. It looks horrible to see someone doing needless things to these fish. They are an invasive species, which should be killed, but no need for cruelty...do it fast then dispose of them...not leave them on the shore.