SM Fishing On Gbay Last Week

Cast-Away

My buddy Mike and I went on our 23rd annual trip to the Massasuaga Park last week for 4 days and had an awesome time once again. The weather was good and the bass were really on the bite this year. We went to our favourite spot and head multiple double headers all day long both times that we went out there. We also found a few new spots near by that produced even bigger bass. Worms were the favourite bait although we did try crawdaddies with limited success.

My first decent bass day 1

WG Bass.jpg

Mike's first decent bass

ML Bass1.jpg

This one was around 4 pounds and caught on a Repela while trolling

ML Bass2.jpg

The next two pictures stitch together for a nice island shot

Scene1.jpg

Scene3.jpg

A close up of the way that the rocks form in the middle of the island

Scene2.jpg

Raf, LOL on Captain Allan! I guess that we must have swapped stories in the past because that was where we always camped until the bear ran through our campsite 3 years ago. Now we camp further out in the bay on a smaller island.

Yes the water there is very unforgiving. We have been boating the same waters since 1990 and I always study the maps and then go through the area very slowly with the boat until I establish a safe boating route. If it is a sunny day you can see all of the shoals, but on a cloudy day always stick to the known route.

The only downside to our best fishing spot is that it is out in the open water, so we really have to pick the time to go there based on the weather. All of our inland spots are hit and miss. My Avatar is an in land spot that only produced Walleye once in 23 years. This place out in the bay produces nice Bass 100% of the time.

Funny you say that, it was 3 years ago when we watched a bear go from campsite to campsite in Captain Allan on either a sunday or monday eve (if it was a long wknd) after campers had left the park presumably searching for anything he could get his paws on.. Got a pic of it swimming somewhere but I didn't notice him carrying any of your belongings.

Further out, the bears wont get ya, but the rattlers will. ;)

Edited by Raf