Well it's Rice Lake time again thank goodness

Hooked

Well it's that time of year for me to get prepared for my yearly trip to Rice Lake. Will be up there for 2 weeks starting this Saturday. I was wondering how the Walleye fishing has been so far?

Thanks

The spring was unreal. Since the water temps have skyrocketed.... its been a little slow to say the least.

Best bet is to find a deeper weedline and work it hard.

On another note... the Bass are on fire though! lol

The pond weeds are almost gone, but the rest is crazy thick!

S.

Sounds like the same story as last year, and I think the year before too? Oh well, think I can find a way to still enjoy myself there. :)

1 1/2 to 2 oz bouncers, harnesses and 5 inch gulp leeches, in 18 to 22 ft of water will do the trick, with some duke walleyes as well.

Flat line trolling weed edges at night also working as well, and even out in the barren flats as well for roaming eyes

"duke walleyes" is this a typo or some kind of terminology I am unfamiliar with? I like it either way

Just got back on Sunday after a 4 night trip and no pickerel to be seen. Water is very warm. Back at er again this weekend. If you see a 14' Princecraft with a 40hp Evinrude with a big dude and small dude in the boat, thats me, holler.

Rice gets tough this time of year for eyes. They're there, but you have to figure them out. A lot of guys swear by deep diving cranks on deep flats, but my success doing that hasn't been great. Deep water, or deep weeds is where your going to find them. I almost always fish worm harnesses along main lake weed edges and do fine. Last time I was out it was tough, but a cold front had just passed, and it was too windy to have proper boat control, so the slow fishing was to be expected. We still got a few eyes, and a couple nice smallies. Always something to catch in there.

I hear guys are doing well on muskies in the otonabee river as well.

S.