Six Mile Lake PP

leighfns

Hey All,

I am heading up to Six Mile Lake PP camping on the long weekend. I just wanted to see if anyone knows the following about this lake.

1) Is the Pike fishing good on this lake? size or numbers?

2) Is is possible to navigate to Gloucester Pool via boat

Thx in advance for you help :)

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I don't believe it is possible to navigate to Gloucester pool from Six mile, I could be wrong though.

I am sure you will hook into some Pike, they are pretty accomodating at this time of year.

Have fun! and watch out for the drunks :lol:

Tony

1. Very consistant pike & bass lake.... one of my favorite ! ! !

had probably my life biggest pike on in this body of water... just saw the

HUGE fat tail on my bucktail spinner before he broke away :(

still looking for the walleye there tho'

2. No, Gloucester pool is below a set of waterfalls on one of the south arms of the lake..

I used to fish 6 mile lake fairly regularly about 15 years ago. The area right around the provincial park is great for medium sized pike and largemouth bass. As a matter of fact, the first time I fished there I took a cast at the boat launch before putting the boat in the water and caught a 3 lb largemouth. Lots of weedy bays not too far from the park either. In my old 12 foot boat I usually stayed within a km or 2 from the park, didn't venture out into the big deep water areas. Friend of mine caught a HUGE crappie on a blue fox spinner.

does anyone know if i can park the boat/trailer with my van on the campsite with me?

is the boat launch there free?

sorry for hi jacking the thread!!

thanks a bunch.

You can actually rent a dock, I think there is room for around 30 boats. It's about $3 a day and there is places to store your trailer.

Lots of pike, and have caught some real huge crappies there. I have good luck on rapala husky jerks, and spinner baits for pike. Small twister tails for the crappies right before the sun sets. There are plenty of bass, but there not in season just yet. Good luck!

90% sure that my GF (Whitefox) :wub: and I will be heading up there as well...

i was there back in 03 and it was a fun trip, great scenery!! We hooked into a bunch of pike

Nice!!! If you see a short stocky (slightly fat) guy on a Fisher 170 Sport that's me!!!!! The wife and I were there last year and she absoultely loved the scenery. Didn't get much of a chance to fish, hopefully that will be different this time around.