Algonquin Report May 9-13

solopaddler

Mike. I think you're spoiled. lol. No more complaining about how tough it was. C'mon... how tough IS it going to Algonquin to camp, fish, and take pictures.

Although, you'd have to carry most people after the first fifth of that portage into lake D.

I'm dead serious, it was tough ;) . Really though, I figured being there for 4 days most of our time would be spent just fishing with the camera turned off, and that wasn't the case at all. It was all business for the bulk of our time spent there. Most of our time was spent trying to get each shot perfect, and believe me it's not that easy. Between stumbling over our words :P and serious issues with one of the microphones not working, there were multiple takes for almost every single shot. I know I mentioned that Ben fixed one of the mic's on Wed. night, what I didn't mention was that the second mic crapped out when we were in the park. It was really frustrating...

(it was fun though :D )

What a great report Mike! Were you able to take a quick dip or was the water too cold?

Have you ever heard the term shrinkage? :w00t:

Seriously, the water was numbingly cold. Even holding our underwater camera in the drink for moments became physically painful!

Solo...love the pics...I grew up on the east side of the park (Deep River)...seeing those pics sure makes me itch to get back in there again. Just havin' a heck of a time convincing the wife of the merits of 'real' camping :canadian: Really looking forward to seeing your venture work out and be able to watch the show!

Question: Trout fishing in there...what kind of lures do you use, depth etc for those lakes up there? All we ever did back home was mostly pike or walleye fishing...my dad thought bass was a garbage fish and that trolling was the only real way to fish.... :)

• 2 weeks later...
NIce report...but where'd the pictures go.........

Sorry 'bout that Wayne, I removed the pic's from photobucket....

Things aren't looking good at the moment for Northern Explorers, doesn't look like it's going to happen (at least not right now).

I think I need to create another post and make an announcement....