Not a meteorologist, but

HTHM

I think Mount Hope had a small tornado last night. Based on the damage, I think so. 400 meters from my house a monster willow, Salix alba trista, about 4 feet DBH (diameter breast height), was snapped like a twig in the opposite direction of lean.

As one goes towards the center of town the damage is even worse.

Our power was restored about 25 minutes ago. Have to admire the hard working line crews from Hydro One. :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Out in binbrook the winds were crazy, we thought the back sliding door was coming into the house. my house backs out onto a pond that's beside binbrook road and the water level doubled maybe tripled, it was almost in my backyard. fletcher road was littered with huge branches all over it was crazy

Just another storm on the lake. 80 foot Maple next door came down tonight at supper time. Knocked my chicken leg off my plate, that close. I guess the stress from the winds last night. Missed the neighbours sunroom by the thickness of a credit card. That tree was rotten hollow and you would never know it looking at it. She will be very surprised when she gets back from the cottage Monday. I will have a pile of campfire wood this year.

HTML,

How did you make out the other day? Haven't heard from you, something I said, or didn't say? I know I wasn't in the greatest mood, buried a friends wife Friday, found out the night before we headed out Wednesday AM at around 11. Didn't want to cancel, nothing much you can do. A friend of Dom's as well, didn't tell him until we hit the water. What are you gonna do?

I really thought you were going for a swim a few times, ever thought of tying those shoe laces? I really didn't get a chance to take a good look at the Ranger, we were in such a hurry to hit the aqua. Sure looks sweet. I still say not the rig for that lake though. We had a nice soak getting in, nice to have a full windscreen, if you close the walk through window!!!!!

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Just another storm on the lake. 80 foot Maple next door came down tonight at supper time. Knocked my chicken leg off my plate, that close. I guess the stress from the winds last night. Missed the neighbours sunroom by the thickness of a credit card. That tree was rotten hollow and you would never know it looking at it. She will be very surprised when she gets back from the cottage Monday. I will have a pile of campfire wood this year.

HTML,

How did you make out the other day? Haven't heard from you, something I said, or didn't say? I know I wasn't in the greatest mood, buried a friends wife Friday, found out the night before we headed out Wednesday AM at around 11. Didn't want to cancel, nothing much you can do. A friend of Dom's as well, didn't tell him until we hit the water. What are you gonna do?

I really thought you were going for a swim a few times, ever thought of tying those shoe laces? I really didn't get a chance to take a good look at the Ranger, we were in such a hurry to hit the aqua. Sure looks sweet. I still say not the rig for that lake though. We had a nice soak getting in, nice to have a full windscreen, if you close the walk through window!!!!!

I made out quite well, came home with two feeds, one of perch, the other of bass. I anchored by the smokestacks in ~24 feet of water and managed 3 bass before heading in over the 3' rollers. The next time we are gonna have to play in my boat, you have a talent for putting me on fish. Thanks.

I apologize for not getting back to you, as you know we are busy with my mother-in-laws situation and that took my mind away from normal and expected social graces.

Meh, I live in Mount Hope and some of my petunias were snapped off.

Took the dog for a walk at Binbrook lake yesterday morning. A few branches here and there but nothing major.

The deer flies were brutal though, worst I've ever seen.

No you live on the wrong side of the runway to say that... Check out downtown Mount Hope and you might see what I was speaking about. Homestead drive and Airport road up to the UPS access road.

No you live on the wrong side of the runway to say that... Check out downtown Mount Hope and you might see what I was speaking about. Homestead drive and Airport road up to the UPS access road.

Yeah but I drive right by your house to get to work.

Anyhow I know what you mean. My petunias were snapped off clean like toothpicks, in the opposite direction of lean.