Camera Lens Questions......

ckrb2007

About a year ago I asked some questions about types of cameras to get. Since then I've purchased a GoPro Hero2, a Fuji XP50 waterproof/shockproof...etc, and last week I got a Nikon D5100 dslr with 2 lenses....18-55 & 55-200. My question now is what would be a good 3rd lens to pic up...within reason. I'm no professional but I do like wildlife pics so I'm thinking a stronger telephoto lens. Maybe something in the $500 range as I dont want to break the bank just yet.

Most manufacturers offer a budget 70 300mm F 4- 5.6 lens. I have one for my Olympus system. It cost in the $400.00 range. It struggles in low light but can also be a gem with good light. I'm happy with mine. It's pratically glued to my camera.

Here's a few examples of how it performs in good light at 300mm.

moose1.jpg

rl01.jpg[/u

loon1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sigma 120- 300 ....very impressive lens in that price range...sharp as a tack @ 300 or you could purchase a nikon 1.4 converter or a 2 x converter to attach to your existing lenses...Nikons converters are very impressive that you will only lose 1-2 stops which can be easily compensated for if the need arises.....just like fishing ...photography is addicting...

edit to add...nice shooting Rodbender

Edited by Twocoda

• 5 weeks later...