fun fishing in southern ohio

oxcowboy

hey folks just thought i would share a few pics from the last 2 times i have had a chance to do a little fishing. the best thing is i have had a chance to do it with my stepson ethan. he is becoming quite the little angler at 5 years old.

the first pic is of a small mouth we got out of one of our farm ponds, there are only a couple of them in there, but seem to be doing pretty good, i guess it around 2.5 lbs

pond_pics_001.jpg

the next picture is of a blue cat. this is the best one i have caught this year, but i hope to improve some as i get to do more fishing once school is out. it weighed about 15 lbs.

pond_pics_003.jpg

ethan went wild when he saw it, he said " Thats the biggest fish i NEVER SAW. Ethan managed to catch several bluegills and a nice little largemouth that evening.

The next time i got out was to a little creek that feeds into the ohio river. all together i landed 13 fish 8 flat head catfish

100_0768.jpg100_0767.jpg,

2 drum a smallmouth, a sucker

100_0769.jpg

, and a nice little sauger

100_0766.jpg

( closest thing to a walleye i can get without heading north). no real size yet, but im hoping to do a little better down the road, sure was alot of fun catching them all though. hope i havent bored ya'll to death. good luck out on the water.

jason