Ohio bow fishing carp record

I took my ex son in law and one of my best friends to Sandusky Bay for some early season smallie action years ago before they had a closed season on them.

My son in law caught the first carp, on a tube, just guessing around 25 pounds. I got the second, on a tube around 35 pounds. My best friend's came last, also on a tube and I am betting it was close to 60 pounds, it dwarfed ours and looked bigger than the one in the link by a good deal.

Early season and cold water, they are like hooking a freight train. You set the hook, line starts peeling off your spool and you follow them with the boat until they wear out or break light line.

Not really a carp fan, but it is different after catching 1 - 3 pound smallies all day. Watching the commercial carp and buffalo netters in some areas was interesting too. They would string a net that seem to be a couple of hundred yards long out from shore by boat and bring it back to shore. Then wrestle carp into a slatted side barge about 8x16 until water was washing over the sides.

Those guys got some real hogs.

Edited by OhioFisherman

That's a massive crap! Carp! Whatever.

I have never tried bowfishing and I'm not much of a hunter either (killing sparrows with my bb gun as a kid doesn't count) but I don't know how I feel about it.

If they ever "trap shoot flying carp" Im in. HAHA

That would be so cool.

Bow hunting carp is a sport to some,and I respect that. Their great fertilizer fish anyways.LOL