A little Simcoe Piking Today

Joey

Paul and I got out to Simcoe this morning for some Pike action and it wasn't too bad at all. But was it COLD!!! The wind was nasty and the shorts and tank top I brought just in case stayed in my bag and out came the coat and mitts.

First fish on was for Paul and it was a HUGE rock bass. I was tempted to keep it and try it as everyone says they taste good, but Paul plopped her back in before I could make up my mind :rolleyes:

Next Paul caught a little hammer handle so things seemed to look good. Back she went and we fished for about 15 more minutes and he had a nice medium size pike on. In the livewell she went for tonights dinner.

We drifted in shallower and I got a few on but didn't keep them on and lost two. We were just reeling in to move out a little deeper and I finally managed to net a small pike. Didn't bother with a picture as I figured there was lots of action and I was sure to get a bigger one.

We headed out a bit deeper and continued casting different colours and lures. Then Paul yells "I got one" and I could tell by the bend int he rod it was a nice one. After a bit of a fight and the old under the boat trick by the pike, I netted his 36 inch beauty.

After that the action stopped and we tried trolling and casting and different lures and techniques, but it seemed the bite was off. We called it a day around 3 p.m. and headed home.

Paul laughed all the way home about me letting my fish go and the inches Team 2 didn't get (jerk :lol: )

I tried my hand at fileting the pike like the Youtube video showed and it worked pretty good. Gonna get the frying pan out soon.

Here's some pics of the fish and one of my filet work!!

Well, since this board won't let me post any pictures, I guess you don't get any :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

**** Mods, please see my post above in your thread about the board being slow*****

Cheers,

Joey

Edited by Joey

Guest Johnny Bass

Great report, though want to see pictures!!!! Use Photobucket to host your photos and you will have no problems posting the pics!!!!