Ottawa river bound !!!!

fishindevil

Well my gf and myself are heading up north to the Ottawa river for a few days of walleye fishing and gonna have a few fish fries and relax and do some fishing !!! Then back to work for a week then off fishing again for the month of July !!!! Woo hoo ... Should have a fishing report in a day or 2 !!!!!! Tight-lines & good fishing. Shawniphone397.jpg ouiseau rock !!! Ottawa river here I come.....

Awesome thanks !!! We are leaving tonight at about 3am be on the water bright & early send me a pm maybe we can all hook-up my iPhone is on and I will be checking in and posting from mobile !!! Good luck maybe see you in the next few days I have a grey Lund tiller with a 50hp Yamaha and an ofc decal on the side

I live just downriver from Oiseau Rock, on the river in Macgregors Bay. Hope you have a great trip Fishindevil, the walleye are hitting pretty good this week. Where are you staying?

I'll be out the next two days too, weather looks good!

Good stuff Fishindevil, hope you have a great trip. The weather for the next couple of days anyways looks pretty good! I am downriver from Petawawa Point, close to Pine Ridge Park. I am familiar with the Point, thats where I launch the bass boat when I am fishing the Ottawa. I have a 14' tin Sylvan that I leave in front of my place that I will be out in tomorrow morning.

Highview is a good spot, the only issue might be the high water level and strong current. Don't be shy to try in amongst the islands along the Ontario side coming back towards Petawawa, look for points and shelfs off of those islands. Drifting and vertical jigging down by Pine Ridge where the lighthouse is on the Quebec side is also a good option, thats where I am tomorrow.

Tight lines!

Shayne

Well it was an eventful trip out on the water yesterday. The exercise of the day was for the g/f to get the boat ready all by herself Shes a new boater and I am teaching her the ropes. I get to her place and the boat is all ready to go. She hooks it up to the truck and were off.

We launch the boat and head down river. On the way I decide to check the gas tank. Go figure, less than a 1/4 tank on board. I dont say anything and only go half as far as I had planned. We set up our rods and start a troll heading in the homeward direction. about 1 hr into the troll chug chug chug stall. Pump the buld she fires up again and a minute later she dies again.

So I pump the bulb again and start it up and tell her to take over driving while I change my bait. Sure as heck it dies again. She says what the heck and looks at me for help. I tell her to go through the starting procedures and she does but it wont start. The she happens to check the gas and there is none. lol You should of seen the look on her face, priceless. Lift the motor and put down the electric motor and troll home. I can almost gaurentee she will never run short on fuel again. No fish by the way but a good lesson in boat preperation. lol

Hey fish burn we have all had those days !!!!! Ya it was a tough fish yesterday !!!! The current is insane and the water temps are 52 degrees and the river is up about 4-5feet !!!!! Crazy we did get a few fish and I managed to see spanky on the river he spotted me and said hi !!!! I don't know how they did ?? So I'm back at it right now and maybe see you guys on the river !!!!! Cheers. Shawn

Well it's Lew o'clock !!!! And I'm just gassing up the Lund and ready to head out before the rain !!! We did get into some nice walleye keepers for shore lunch got a few 25inch pike and a couple of smallies !!!! It's been a tough fish with many guys not doing all that well !!!! But hey I'm staying at it and hopefully get a few better fish today !!!!! I seen Shane last night on the river again and they got a few as well !!!!!! Tight-lines & good fishing. Shawn

Hey Shawn, great meeting you and your g/f this weekend! We ended up with five keepers, definately tough sledding this season on the Ottawa. High water level, cold water temperatures and very murky water have contributed to a tough spring for sure.

We took a break Saturday (so I could install my air conditioner, thank gawd!), today we left early for Lake Clear. Perfect morning but the results didn't know it again...