fish are still full of eggs

darsky

...fished on the St Lawrence yesterday with Marc and a friend of his for the walleye opener.We did quite well with his friend jigging up a nice 4 lber right off the bat. We boated around 15 fish with many more lost. Water temps were between 52-55 and it was very apparent that the fish were in full spawn-totally fat with eggs. No doubt the hoards will be out this weekend en mass harvesting fish full of eggs. Darn late winter/early spring. Same in the Kawarthas??

Guest gbfisher

On Georgian bay the only pics spawned out are the ones who went into the rivers. The shoal pics still have a few weeks left till they start and finish yet. BOQ has the same thing. You still can pick up a big ripe female. At least they spawned last year if ya descide to eat them...... ^_^

this may not be the case for your area, but last weekend we caught a few walleye that were really fat, and i was thinking the same thing...maybe they haven't spawned yet, but they were full of baitfish, the 3 pound walleye we got had 5 perch in its stomach, one of which being 7 inches long.

Saugers dont spawn till the water reaches 54 to 56 degrees

Its common for saugers have eggs at this time of the year,its a pre spawn bite ,season opem ,happens every year

I still dont understand why the season is open for them

Its known saugers spawn after pike and walleyes and in similar water temps as muskies

Saugers dont spawn till the water reaches 54 to 56 degrees

Its common for saugers have eggs at this time of the year,its a pre spawn bite ,season opem ,happens every year

I still dont understand why the season is open for them

Its known saugers spawn after pike and walleyes and in similar water temps as muskies

I think that Walleye season opens too early here in Montreal each year is different.

Some years when I fish my favorite spot in the Rapids of The St.Lawrence River I sometimes catch Walleyes with eggs and Males with sperm.

Most years I have found them spawing

I will find out monday evening if the Walleye are in spawn mode.

Marc I think its time that government advance the date for opening day for Walleye.

Our spring weather can sometimes prolong the spawn.

Time to change our Regulations.

The Bay of Quinte is the only place I have not reeled in a spawning Walleye .with an early opener it seems to be a safe date for the Quinte opener.

Stangely the BOQ connects to the St.Lawrence which is only 3hours drive from Montreal.I guess a little more south makes a difference.

MTP :Gonefishing: