bass opener

jedimaster

The only people I regularly see catching bass to eat are American tourists. I don't see why a thaw to freeze bass season couldn't maintain the population. Even maybe a thaw to June catch and release.

In NY the regulations is bass open all year long, C&R mandatory during winter and no live baits I believe until June. Most bass fisherman practice C&R most of the time, it's the "bucket" fisherman who would be the issue to enforce, heck I still think they do it anyway.

Edited by wkimwes

I think a lot of you bass guys worry way too much about the most populated sport fish in ON. I could understand if they were in decline, but let's be serious, bass are a dime a dozen, found in. Just about every pool of water in the province, and are easy to catch!

If your that concerned about them, don't fish for 'em!

I'll never understand the bass mentality!

S.

Closet bass fisherman...you just want them all to yourself

Closet bass fisherman...you just want them all to yourself

Haha....that actually made me laugh out loud. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually targeted bass. I catch the stupid things all the time though...

S.

Haha....that actually made me laugh out loud. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually targeted bass. I catch the stupid things all the time though...

S.

No kidding! In season or not they are really an annoyance!! Lol