NF ....June 6th 1944 D-DAY

fishindevil

Well 69 years ago today the greatest sea invasion of all time happened with all our allied forces on the push to defeat the nazis !!!! Out Canadian troops took heavy looses and took their beaches in Normandy ! !!!!! They are and aways will be heros !!!!! Salute ......4E9DC007-B8E2-4277-985E-1742AB5BBF31-141

My dad was stationed just off the Normandy coast helping to keep the U-boats away from the thousands of Allies that were coming ashore. He said for anyone that wasn't there, it would be difficult to imagine all the ships coming in and the unbelievable number of fighters & bombers flying overhead.

It was a proud day for all involved.

This was my Dads ship.

A-207.jpg

Edited by lew

We Canadians are known world wide as a polite, laid back, and content population. Never argueing, or stirring trouble with the world. Every where we go, we Canadians are loved and treated like royalty.But when asked of us, and when the chips are down, there are no more fierce and determined soldiers in the entire world.Where ever we have been asked to defend or attack, we have been victorious. I am proud of all Soldiers, but Canadian Soldiers are in my heart forever.

well here is the scale.... 10,000 vehicles 155,000 troops 11,000 planes 5,000 ships with aprox 10,000 allied troops dead !!!! and the canadians took juno beach and secured a beachhead and took some of the worst casulties per number of soldiers,but they did it..... and they never gave up.....again like i said all heros to me .....makes me damn proud to be a canadian..... :clapping: