Quinte Help

cisco

I have a coupla days off and may be going down there to chase some walleye-pickerallees/ole marble-eyes.

tomorrow Mon or Tuesday.Oh, and thanks all for the posts re stuff to catch em on. Cripes! Leadcore and spoons, to downriggers.... nah too deep re the air bladder thing...... or dipseys or planer boards with Manns stretch 20's, but then some USA guys got em draggin dead minnow rigs, or else try purple and white... but then others suggest clown coloured stuff, others say .......... :blink: LOL!

Never been there on the soft water. Anyone have any advice on places to launch/general areas to drag lures?

I hear of the 'cement plant' the 'ferry (where east of it you can use two lines), so can somebody say what roads to take to a launch that gets me close to the cement plant/ferry?

Oh, and I can already predict the ferry part bein answered with stuff like..."troll for suckers on the main strip in Picton" so please don't go there. LOL!

If too secret to put on the forum, please email me.

I may have room in the boat if my bud is too drunk to make it tomorrow. It was his idea to go in the first place... But now he ain't gettin to the phone. hahaha!

Oh, and we got some eyes 60 to 91 feet deep up north a coupla weeks ago, that had the air-bladder thing goin on, but after a night in the livewell all were fine.... air bladders were all back down inside em. Fine that is, before the filletting began!

Anyway, anyone with some help on this one sure would be appreciated.

Edited by cisco

Chris...good luck out there!

Nothing wrong with Riggers when used correctly. They also help in the desire to slow the boat down. We didn't have any fish blow on us. Manns 20's, TD-11's or Reef runners on the planners and on the riggers if a spoon on only down 30 or 35' and if a diver on the ball only 5 feet down and if say a shallow (5 or 6 ' runner) bait we'd put the ball down at 20. Fish caught on all set ups and like I said no issues with healthy release.

I'd start my day down there again with one line Bleeding tiger TD-11 and the other a Mann's 20 Blue Berry Muffin...but that's just me.

You can drive right into Picton...stay to the right at the end of the shopping/main drag and follow right to the Ferry if you want to launch on the North shore after a Ferry Ride. You can also launch at the Marina before the Ferry...others here did that last weekend but I can't give you any directions as to whether there is a sign/launch fee etc for there. You can launch in McFarlen(sp) park just after the Sportsman Inn. Bit of a run to the Ferry from there, but not a big deal. If you want to fish one line each the 1st Cement Plant is straight across from the park launch.

Edited by irishfield

Thanks for the help fellas! Up north slow was the key also. Glass calm and all you'd feel is a slight bit of resistence. Open the bail, wait a minute and set the hook starting with zero line tension. All fish hooked barely on minnows. Tough to get em hooked!

Thought we'd go for a ride and try someplace new. Did OK at Quinte years ago icefishing, but wish to try some cool new gear I got.

Knockem dead, cisco. After listening to everyone's reports, I think that everyting works for these fish, you just have to find the hungry ones and put the lures on the plate. Deep baits, jigs and grubs, minnows, spoons, planers, riggers, natural, bright, glow etc. A great fishery for the gearheads cause it all works.

Chris...good luck out there!

Nothing wrong with Riggers when used correctly. They also help in the desire to slow the boat down. We didn't have any fish blow on us. Manns 20's, TD-11's or Reef runners on the planners and on the riggers if a spoon on only down 30 or 35' and if a diver on the ball only 5 feet down and if say a shallow (5 or 6 ' runner) bait we'd put the ball down at 20. Fish caught on all set ups and like I said no issues with healthy release.

I'd start my day down there again with one line Bleeding tiger TD-11 and the other a Mann's 20 Blue Berry Muffin...but that's just me.

You can drive right into Picton...stay to the right at the end of the shopping/main drag and follow right to the Ferry if you want to launch on the North shore after a Ferry Ride. You can also launch at the Marina before the Ferry...others here did that last weekend but I can't give you any directions as to whether there is a sign/launch fee etc for there. You can launch in McFarlen(sp) park just after the Sportsman Inn. Bit of a run to the Ferry from there, but not a big deal. If you want to fish one line each the 1st Cement Plant is straight across from the park launch.

whoo hoo too bad you know nothing!!!lol about the bay.... hire a guide guy !! Edited by BLACKFISH88

LOL! Hey BF !!! I thought I was a 'Guide'. :worthy::Gonefishing: Sezz so under me handle don't it? :dunno:

Goin Simcoe perchin today first, then hopefully on to Quinte! I'll take the ole binocs and stare at what others are doing to get the latest lowdown if needbe :ph34r: .

And thanks for the PM info. folks. Real handy stuff there! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by cisco