Haliburton May 2 Four Fishing/ exploring report

chris.brock

My wife was working Friday, I had it off, perfect chance to search for brookies and splake. A quick look over the maps and I was on my way.

Plan A- only 300m down the access road, a washout, they got the culvert in but hadn't back filled it yet. That was the end of Plan A

100_2290_zps33e16ffe.jpg

Plan B- about 4km in, another road closed

100_2291_zps980ad378.jpg

I pressed my luck, and tried anyways. There was some nasty areas and my 2 wheel drive was at risk of getting stuck

100_2292_zps64e6db29.jpg

finally made it to the lake, it felt good to be in the canoe again and on the portages

100_2293_zpsa1dacb10.jpg

no fish caught, but a great day, I had a shower that morning and was eaten alive by the blackflies all day, even on the water

100_2294_zpsd5dbc92e.jpg

Cam, Mac, Carston and me went searching out back lakes for future trips once bass season opens

100_2302_zps64c50d1a.jpg

here's shorelunch without the shore

100_2304_zps23b5dfa5.jpg

I think we'll make the trip back here in a few weeks, it looked awesome

100_2303_zps387e131c.jpg

shorelunch with the shore this time

100_2306_zpsfd5de411.jpg

heading back, getting home well after dark, Carston has a great retro mullet, his next haircut for the summer will be an Apache

100_2307_zps5dc2d04c.jpg

some other pics from the weekend

this is from Gull Lk, the flood has the lake littered with all kinds of debris, docks and chairs washed up everywhere

100_2295_zpseab6994d.jpg

Mike (Solopaddler) Borger may recognize this place

100_2308_zpsd5ea0b40.jpg

not my most interesting report, thanks for checking it out

Edited by chris.brock

Similar weekend to mine, only I have 4wd :) still didn't have much luck with the fish. Tried 2 separate rainbow lakes. My son hooked a couple on the first lake, but lost them, and we only had one bite on the second. The trout seemed to be off for some reason. Couldn't ask for better weather, or better company though! How were the bugs over your way? We had lots of blackflies, but they were mostly just buzzing.

S.