pike and walleye?

peter23

does anyone know any good lakes that have pike and walleye in them? looking to go about 2 hours away from Toronto. Rice lake is always my favourite for walleye, tried it yesterday with some success, but unfortunately no pike in rice lake. not asking for any hotspots but if you know any lakes that have both pike and walleye in them, it would be greatly appreciated if you shared.

thanks

Peter

Muskoka would be my bet if you want pike and walleye. Only problem is walleye you need to go with someone that knows the lake to find em or put in lots of hours. Not really different than any other walleye lake though I guess.

Edited by jedimaster

They just held a pike tourney on Balsam. Big fish was a tie at 34.5" between 2 anglers. lot's of pike caught, I almost always limit out on pike so I'm pretty sure your odds are on to catch pike and not muskie.

The past couple years I have pulled well over 200 pike from Mitchell/Balsam and have only caught around 20 muskie/tigers over the same time period. And 6 walleye.........guess what I don't fish for.