NF Norwegian Elkhounds

I've seen them and have spoken with their owners, they loved them. That said, I absolutely love Roxanna, my 14 month old dutch/german shepherd. She is very smart and is a beautiful dog. Have you looked at Belgian Malinois?? Another great dog. So many great breeds out there, you need to find one that fits your wants and needs and also your personality.

keep this in mind about Norwegian Elkhounds.... They are the official dog of Norway and as such all registered Elkhounds can be recalled to Norway in the event that Norway goes to war. 100% true! I looked into getting one about 12 years ago great looking dogs with a mild temprement at the time there was a breeder south of Ingersoll super nice guy, he interviewed us to find out what kind of owners we would be, we ended up not getting one when the wifey got pregnant shortly afterwards.

I have a friend with one, and they love him. But like others have said, lots of hair!

Not sure about the recalling them to Norway.. Good luck with that... No way in hell someone would come to my house and take my dog... Why would they ever want to do that in the first place? Seems very odd to me...

So when Canada goes to war, are we going to take all the beavers and maple syrup from all the other countries? :^)

Edited by N.A.W

Elkhounds have;

Lots of hair,

great affection for the family,

super territorial allegiance; don't leave the property as a rule,

not as large as a shepherd,

great with kids; not too protective in squabbles

Neighbours had an Elkhound and it was a wonderful dog.

I'm a Lab guy.