Cat Burglar...

Like any good robbery it is great to have a back up plan. With all this nice and sunny weather we went to a spot on the Ottawa that has held Gar for us in the past. UNFORTUNATELY we found that the river being up 4 feet from normal "high" level made the wading impossible for our first Gar adventure.
Luckily we had a solid back up plan and ended up having a relaxing day of watching rods twitch. Nice to put a worm on a hook and have success with a simple approach.

Bassassins-BasstardCAT_zps80bd0b69.jpg

Bassassins-SMOOTHCAT_zps6a035b4d.jpg

Rob and Rob - the CAT BURGLARS for a day.

Excited to get our BOAT this weekend! Big things coming.... hope you are all enjoying spring.

Tight Lines...

Smooth & Bass

There still active on the Grand south of the Dunnville dam. And most all creeks in the Haldimand Norfolk area that run into Erie. Some of the simplest presentations for a fish that get into the high 30's or more. We use frozen shrimp then eat the bait that's left over.

Nice catties man! Looks like a nice day at the water indeed. I gotta make my way to somewhere where there's channel cats so I can maybe hook into my first.

Nice report and pics !!!! Gotta love the Ottawa river cats !!!! They fight hard I as well get a bunch of them every year fishing for eyes !!!! They put up an awesome fight ...... Cheers

Yeah it was our first Ottawa cats actually - glad our captain had the solid back up plan. We wanted to take him on an adventure and he ended up putting us on the fish instead. Funny how that works out but won't complain... a very relaxing day.

Season's just starting to get good here. Looking forward to 2 months of big cats.

Good Luck - excited to follow your success.